General Tryout Information
- General try outs are now over and soft rosters have been posted. Make-up tryout information:
- Date: Tuesday November 10th
- Time: 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- Location: Upper fields at Hart High School
- Items required at all sessions: Water, cleats, Shin Guards
- Incoming Freshman will be required to wear a white plain T-Shirt with the number that was provided during summer camp
- Sessions are closed to parents
Players need to dress appropriately (must wear shin guards and cleats). No club uniform gear or anything that distinguishes them as a member of a club or other organized sport is permitted.
Tryouts allow the coaches to review and evaluate the players for placement on the appropriate team. Each player develops their skills, physical fitness, and maturity differently and it is our goal to place the player where she is challenged and can contribute the most to a team.
Physical fitness required for competitive soccer is paramount to the success of our teams. The coaching staff will allocate about ½ of each practice to conditioning and drills, with the other ½ on scrimmages and strategy. However, the strategy and style of play will depend on the participants themselves. Our role is simple to develop the fundamental skills necessary to formulate a style and strategy of play for competitive soccer.
Selections will be based on technical ability first, then attitude, commitment, and willingness to be coached.
The coaching staff will have reviewed, in depth, the qualities of all players and selected those who show the most promise for a successful team. Skills and technical ability, speed, agility, endurance and decision making are all important components of the selection process, as are commitment and coachability.